ArcadeBits

Please support our Mini-Mods Sponsors! For information on becoming a Mini-Mods Sponsor, please click here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How much should a clutch replacement cost?

Default How much should a clutch replacement cost?

HI guys, I'm looking at getting a new clutch for my 2006 Cooper S. Can anyone give me a ballpark for the price?

I've rung a few places including BMW and am waiting on some quotes. Going by their previos prices, I'd assume around %40 less than BMW

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbles View Post
    HI guys, I'm looking at getting a new clutch for my 2006 Cooper S. Can anyone give me a ballpark for the price?

I've rung a few places including BMW and am waiting on some quotes. Going by their previos prices, I'd assume around %40 less than BMW
    I just bought a BMW one, RRP ~ $650

Quote Originally Posted by OZChris View Post
    I just bought a BMW one, RRP ~ $650
    It's probably the cost of labour to replace the clutch that will add lots of dollars - from memory, the clutch is only accessible after removing lots of bits'n'pieces, which equals many hours of labour.

Worth getting a quote from Peak Performance in Parramatta as a comparison. Speak to Nick.

Labour isn't going to be cheap, it's a 8 hours job according to the factory job book so ~$1400 plus parts. I've got an OEM/factory clutch replacement kit to get rid of too.

Quote Originally Posted by Megan View Post
    It's probably the cost of labour to replace the clutch that will add lots of dollars - from memory, the clutch is only accessible after removing lots of bits'n'pieces, which equals many hours of labour.
    It is certainly easier to change the clutch when the engine and gearbox are out

Paid about $580 for my OEM clutch from BMW.

As everyone else said... labour is the killer.... should be about $900 including flywheel machining.
    Life would be perfect if all women whined like a supercharged Mini.

Oh yeh... why do you think you need a new clutch?

I know it really depends how you drive, but my 02 with about 75k kms on the clock.... and when they pulled out the clutch, they said it was only half used.

My throwout bearing was creaking, which made the clutch pedal stiff when everything warmed up, and that's the only reason why I got the clutch done..... You don't wanna be paying for the labour again to do something in that area.
    Life would be perfect if all women whined like a supercharged Mini.

Quote Originally Posted by OZChris View Post
    It is certainly easier to change the clutch when the engine and gearbox are out
    eggzacery

the bastard is, even if it is just the bearings, the labour cost is still going to be a stinker, isn't it?

The throwout bearing sits between the input shaft and the clutch itself...it's one of those $20 parts vs $killaaahhh labour scenario.

I've never had to change my clutches on either car, but I think It might be one of those things that I'll learn to do myself. The cost of labour is astronomical.
    Factory JCW. Many mods.