Master Parts

Please support our Mini-Mods Sponsors! For information on becoming a Mini-Mods Sponsor, please click here.

Thread: Intercooler boots / couplers R53

Default Intercooler boots / couplers R53

Hi all

Has anyone replaced these with silicone?

One know the ID of the required hoses?

Could by from an overseas supplier but I think most are just round house not shape specific?

Thanks

There are plenty of places to buy them online, eg

http://www.lohen.co.uk/shop/products.php?cat=19

Also found this one, which is local and very cheap. Never bought from them, so can't vouch!

http://www.carmodsaustralia.com.au/a...rs-amp-eng-303

Change the spark plugs whilst you have the cooler off One of the worst things about the R53 is it is an absolute PITA to check and change the plugs, so it tends not to get done enough.

Robbo

Hey Robbo

Yep seen the OS supplier but see the AltaS are round and hence I was guessing a local turbo silicon coupler of the right diameter would work.

Funny, while spending all last night looking at options and searching for the right diameter I came across that local,supplier with the Altas.

Good idea on spark plugs.

Stick with the oem boots. The silicon ones are hard to get on and they split and also don't seal the best. I know this from personal experience.
    04 R53S - Sorry, Can't fit everything in but all I can say is it equals to 240 WHp of RMW goodies and a BIG F'IN GRIN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scolburn79 View Post
    Stick with the oem boots. The silicon ones are hard to get on and they split and also don't seal the best. I know this from personal experience.
    Still good with a little more boost?

They are fine with more boost. What are you putting through it now? Mine sees about 16psi and they are fine.
    04 R53S - Sorry, Can't fit everything in but all I can say is it equals to 240 WHp of RMW goodies and a BIG F'IN GRIN!!!!